>What a good way to begin the week even though I woke up feeling weary and spiritually lethargic. When I sat with the people of God and began to pray that lethargy was left behind. There’s something about joining our hearts and voices together that creates a real sense of unity and purpose. But I am realizing as I write this that the discipline of personal prayer is still one that I must learn.
Here’s today’s prayer points:
- Spend a few moments considering all the ways that God has been generous with you. Thank him and praise him.
- Thank God for the ways in which he has been generous to our church.
- Pray that in response to the Gospel God would make our church generous to those within it.
- Pray that in response to the Gospel God would make our church generous to those outside of it.
- Pray that God would make our church aware of needs and give us courage and focus to respond in generosity.